Founder’s Bio – Valerie Taylor
Valerie Taylor, BSN, RN, is the founder & CEO of The South Texas Alternative Choice. She is a Elder Care Specialist working with the residential home care community and a certified assisted living manager. Valerie is a graduate of Washington State University with a BS in Biology. She received her Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Montana State University, and served seven years as an Air Force nurse.
Valerie has a wide range of experience in geriatrics, mental health, orthopedics, maternal/child, gynecological and neonatal intensive care nursing.
With nearly 30 years nursing experience, this background provides a solid base to provide guidance to families on the benefits of Residential Home Care. In addition, it allows her to assess your loved one for the most appropriate placement to meet their care needs.
Our Mission: To provide families and individuals with the expertise that will assist them in making an informed decision when seeking care choices for their loved ones. “It is comforting to know there is someone who will walk with you on your road less traveled.”
What We Do: South Texas Alternative Choice (STAC) offers a new and exciting, more like home choice to those having to make the difficult decision to move individuals to long-term care. STAC offers elders and their families an alternative to large Assisted Living Facilities and Nursing Home placement for long-term care from our list of prescreened Residential Assisted Living and Personal Care Homes. These homes have caregivers that are experienced, well educated, and committed to reliable and compassionate care. Having this information takes the stress out of making the important decision to place your loved one.
About Residential Assisted Living and Personal Care Homes: Residential Assisted Living and Personal Care Homes are the choice many seniors and families around the country are selecting. There is a cry for more personalized and compassionate care as well as a clean and odor free environment. This choice is definitely offered by the prescreened Residential Care Homes, in our database.
Some of the advantages of a smaller Assisted Living and Personal Care Home:
- The homes are resident centered i.e. focus is on the resident not the task;
- Residents experience less confusion as they bond with stable staff;
- Staff are alert to changes in behavior and vitals are monitored;
- Staff to resident ratio is smaller allowing for needed 1:1 attention;
- Appetite is improved by preparing the resident’s favorite home cooked meals;
- Medications are managed and given in a timely manner;
- In home physician, hospice, rehabilitation or home health services available, no hours of waiting in the doctor’s office for appointments.
- Bathroom/pull-up change schedule
- Decreased bed-sore risk due to turn/movement/change schedule
*South Texas Alternative Choice can also assist and guide individuals, famlies and other decision makers with traditional placement choices. These choices include independent/assisted living and nursing home placements.
Dial 210-239-1167 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.